It's Time to Finish Your Book -- And Finish Strong
One-on-one coaching is designed to address every single element of the book writing process, from technique and craft, to habits and state of mind. I have written eight books of my own, and coached dozens of writers through to the finish line so I understand the complexities of the creative process, the demands of the workflow, the desire that burns within you to finally DO this, and the satisfaction that will come from getting to “the end.”
This kind of intensive coaching is an investment, to be sure, but I have found that writers who make the commitment are FAR more likely to finish their books, and finish them well, than their counterparts who go it alone.
Investing in yourself holds you accountable like nothing else. It inspires you to do your best work. It keeps you on track, on point, and on the ball for as long as it takes to get the job done.
Choose one of these levels of service:
LEVEL 1: THE QUICK FIX
INSTANT CLARITY STRATEGY SESSION -- $750.00
Do have one main problem that is plaguing your writing? I work with writers in every genre at every stage of the creative process to identify roadblocks, solve problems, and create a clear way forward so you can keep writing with confidence.
- Are you stuck at Chapter 1, or 3 or 27, and wondering if it's worth it to keep going? If you are suffering from a bad case of doubt and despair, a Strategy Session may be just what you need to break through the noise in your head and make a clear decision about your best next step.
- Has something gone off the rails with your book? Send me your pages that aren't holding readers' attention, or the outline of the project that keeps stalling out and I'll tell you exactly what's wrong and precisely how to fix it. Stop guessing and get some answers.
- Are you deciding between two projects? Working on a revision? Trying to decide whether or not to pitch? I can help!
The Instant Clarity Strategy Session has four phases:
- Discovery. What's going well in your writing life and your book project? Where are the trouble spots? I'll send you a Q&A so we can both learn exactly what's going on.
- Deep Analysis and Action Plan. You'll send me back the Q&A and up to 25 pages of text, which can include agent rejection letters, book overviews and outlines, and particular chapters. I'll read and evaluate the pages, spend a day or so thinking about them, and give you a written evaluation, which will include my recommendation for how you should move forward. (All submitted pages must be double-spaced, 1-inch margins, 12-point Times New Roman font, which is standard manuscript formatting.)
- Insight, Clarity and Confidence. We'll get on the phone for 45 minutes to discuss recommended steps.
- Follow-up. Within seven days of our call, you can send up to five pages of new work to double check that you're on the right track. These pages often include a new outline, a new overview, a new roadmap for moving forward.
"It's possible I could have eventually figured this out on my own, but working with you is like getting a Fastpass to the front of the line." —Lisa Manterfield, author of I'm Taking My Eggs and Going Home
"Wow! I have to tell you that Jennie Nash is a true miracle-worker. I have been toying around with writing a book for years but could never seem to get it off the ground. Sound familiar? Jennie Nash to the rescue! Jennie listens to you and lasers in on what your book is supposed to be. It is almost like she pulls it out of you (because we all know there is a book inside of us) but it can be hard to find the focus and clarity. It is so FREEING to actually see your story and pin it down. I now have a clear path and purpose of how to proceed and actually can't wait to go and tell the WHOLE WIDE WORLD. She is amazing and I feel completely confident in the fact that I can ACTUALLY do this!. You are the best." --Abby Bliss, nutritionist, detox queen.
BOOK RIGHT NOW
- Pay your fee and pick your date on my online scheduler. I book Instant Clarity Sessions on Fridays and normally book three weeks out. Please give me AT LEAST one week before our deadline so I have time to read your pages
- I will send you a detailed Q&A for you to work on.
- Send it back 72 hours before our call.
- Get clarity!
PAYPAL BUTTON HERE -- automated workflow set up on dubsado triggered as soon as they purchase
- If you absolutely positively can't talk on a Friday, please email Luci at firstname.lastname@example.org to try to arrange another time.
LEVEL 2: WEEkLY COACHING
Affordable Coaching FROM AUTHOR ACCELERATOR -- starts at $199/month
I am the founder and Chief Creative Officer of Author Accelerator. I started this company because one-on-one book coaching is expensive and not every writer can afford it. I believe, however, that every writer needs it. It's the best way to get the book out of your head and onto the page.
At Author Accelerator we offer offer affordable email-based book coaching built on my systems and strategies. I hire, train and oversee all coaches -- and they are outstanding!
It's going to take ONE MORE CLICK to head over to Author Accelerator's site to sign up for coaching over there, but I PROMISE that it will be worth all the clicking. My coaches are smart,,compassionate and engaged and we work hard to keep costs as low as possible while still delivering excellent feedback, accountability and support.
You can sign up for a program to turn in 10 pages a week, 20 pages a week, or more. This link will skip you over the introductory information on the Author Accelerator site and take you right to the book coaching page. If you want to poke around over there, however, you will find raving testimonials from some of the hundreds of writers who have happily used our services.
LEVEL 3: PREMIUM COACHING
Premium Coaching -- starts at $1800/month
One-on-one coaching is designed to help you stop the doubt, stop the confusion, and stop wondering what to do. YOU may not have written a book before, but I have — eight times and counting — and I have guided hundreds of writers through the process. I have developed a systematic and strategic plan to guide you through all the steps you need to write with confidence and finally finish your book.
Is one-on-one coaching easy? Almost never.
Is it painless? Not even close.
Aren't there cheaper ways to write a book? Yes, there are! You can search the Internet for advice on how to write a book, sort out the useful information from the useless information, and take a bunch of one-off webinars, but is that really how you want to spend your creative energy?
- Can I guarantee you a bestseller, critical praise, or a pile of money? No, no and no. But will you end up being full of pride at what you have wrought, full of satisfaction, and with a book other people might actually want to read? Yes, yes, and yes.
I can help elevate you from someone who just talks about writing a book to someone who is holding your book in your hands—but it only works if you let me.
If you don't believe that the chaos of the creative process can be tamed, or that I was serious about the tough love part, you probably don't want to work with me.
But if you DO believe those things, and you are ready to roll up your sleeves and get to work, I will do everything in my power to help you design the best book you can write. I have been there, as a writer, an editor, a teacher, and a coach. I have immersed myself in the realities of the creative process for 27 years, and have formed strategies that work. I'd be honored to help you.
When you sign up to be coached by me you get my full brain, all the time -- which is to say that I will solve problems for you in the middle of the night, in the middle of a shower, and in the middle of the 405 Freeway; I will come across books, articles, blogs, and ideas that I will send your way as you work; when you hit a roadblock or get mired in doubt, I will feel the pain as keenly as you do, and will do everything I can to help you through it; and when things go well, I’ll be your loudest cheerleader.
Who will benefit most from premium coaching?
- Anyone who craves a balance of compassion and tough love. I am here for you on the days when your book wants to break you and you can’t do anything but cry….and on the days when you’ve gotten lazy and need to be told to ax the 50 pages to make your opening sing.
- Writers who want a professional guide who has been there, knows the ropes, and knows you can get to where you want to go.
- Writers who want someone down in the trenches paying attention to every comma, every word and every nuance of their story.
- Writers who are eager to write the best book they can.
- Writers who have gone to all the conferences, read all the books, signed up for retreats — and still haven’t finished their book.
- Writers who are tired of getting rejections that say, “We loved your writing, but….” Or “We loved your story, but….” Or “We loved your concept but….”
- Entrepreneurs who aren’t even sure they ARE writers, but who are certain they have a killer idea the world is waiting for.
Who may not get what they need?
- People who want someone else to do the hard work for them.
- People who demand a guarantee. There are no guarantees in the creative process.
- People who are mean and rushed and stingy of spirit. I don’t work with people like that, because I find that they don’t write good books.
- Writers who might be better served by a therapist. Writing is deep, soul-level work. My clients and I cry all the time together. We rant at the world. We solve big problems. But it’s not therapy.
"Every writer, from complete beginners to seasoned professionals, needs someone to do what they can’t do, no matter how experienced: see their own work with fresh eyes. The trick is finding someone who can then pinpoint what’s working, what isn’t and how to remedy it. For me, that person is the indefatigable, insightful, beautifully brutally honest Jennie Nash. While she never pulls punches (after all, you’re paying her not to), Jennie is always encouraging, empathetic and compassionate – not to mention spot-on. She is also quick. All this is why, even though I’ve worked in publishing, as an agent, and taught writing for decades – in fact, my book is about how to write a story -- I turned to Jennie when I wanted to get the manuscript ready to shop. We worked together every step of the way: on the manuscript (including helping me get organized enough to really focus in on it), the query letter, the proposal, and the marketing platform that helped me land the agent I wanted most, who then sold the book to a great publishing house. I couldn’t have done it without Jennie, and I can’t recommend her highly enough. She is a godsend." —Lisa Cron, Wired for Story (Ten Speed Press, 2012), Story Genius, (Ten Speed Press, 2016). Instructor, fiction master class, UCLA Extension Writers' Program. Ted Talk-giver.
"You are not a book coach, you are a life changer. You are the wind beneath my wings. I fear for you if the two of us ever end up at a karaoke bar." -- Tracey Cleantis, author of The Next Happy, a finalist for the Books for a Better Life Awards and An Invitation to Self-Care (Hazeldon). Psychotherapist, speaker.
"Thank you to Jennie Nash, first my writing teacher at UCLA and then my independent editor for the last six years, whose honesty and incisive edits have made everything I've written better. I do not publish anything without her reading it first. To all writers or aspiring writers, I recommend Jennie." -- Sam Polk, author of For the Love of Money (Scribner), Founder and CEO of Everytable and Groceryships. (What exactly happened? Sam's book came out to huge acclaim. See this piece in The New Yorker for a taste of it.)
"You are an angel in the truest sense of the word: a guardian and a guide. A kick ass angel. It is rare to find your level of talent, intelligence, candor and professionalism in someone who is equally as kind, funny and nurturing as you. When I started working with you, I thought I had a nearly-finished manuscript. I ended up throwing almost all of it out and starting over because what I was writing were newspaper columns, not a book. You taught me how to write a book. You nudged me gently, firmly and resolutely to the real story, the one I was afraid to tell, the only one that mattered. "Thank you" doesn't even begin to cover the depth of my gratitude, but it's a good place to start." —Kate Spencer, Smoke: A Memoir
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- 2x a month deadlines—You send me pages at a prescribed time twice a month.
- Professional, timely, line-by-line feedback— I pour over your pages line by line, making extensive notes, and giving you direction for what to do next.
- 2x a month phone calls—We'll check in and make sure everything is going according to plan, that you're feeling good about your work, and that the project is on track. We'll brainstorm, talk about problems, concerns, hopes and dreams.
- Customized project management— We decide together whether it makes sense to revise as you go, or plow forward with content generation. You can't go off track in this way. I won't let you.
- Email me with clarifying questions — I'll be here (almost) 24/7 to answer big and small questions as they arise.
- Continue coaching as you revise and pitch, as you become a speaking expert and a guest blogger. Many of my clients have worked with me for more than fives years on multiple books and projects.
APPLY TO WORK WITH ME one-on-one
- Fill out the application, below, so I can get to know you, your project, and your needs.
- I review applications twice a week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I normally get back to you within 72 hours of submission.
- If it seems like we will be a good fit to work together, I will email to ask for sample pages of your work. You may send up to 15.
- If I think I can help you take your work to the next level, I will send a link to my online scheduler. You will select a time-slot for a 30 minute call.
- If you think the feedback I give you on your project and your process align with your needs, we can set up a time to start coaching.
- Note that I normally book clients at least two and sometimes three or four months in advance.
APPLICATION FORM WILL GO HERE
APPLICATION FORM WILL GO HERE