THE BOOK STARTUP MINI CLASS
READY TO JUMP-START YOUR BOOK WRITING PROCESS
AND SKIP OVER ALL THE DOUBT, OVERWHELM AND FRUSTRATION?
You have a GREAT idea for a book — and no clue where to begin.
Maybe you've taken classes, read books, listened to podcasts, but you still have no idea how to wrap your mind around this big, complex, creative undertaking. You write a few pages, maybe even a lot of pages, and then you stop because the dog gets sick, and your boss moves up an important deadline, and you begin hearing a nagging little voice of doubt that whispers (or shouts),
"Who do you think you are to write a book, anyway?"
The Book Startup is designed to help you stop the doubt, stop the confusion, and stop wondering what to do. YOU may not have written a book before, but I have — eight times and counting — and I have guided dozens of writers through the process. I have developed a strategic plan to guide you through all the steps you need to begin writing with confidence.
I will take you from vague idea to solid, executable book plan. This is a high value service that can literally save you years of frustration that comes from writing blind. It is equally effective for fiction and non-fiction writers, for flat-out beginners to New York Times bestsellers.
MOTIVATION AND GOALS
- Intention – Why are you writing this book? What is driving you?
- Goals – What do you hope to achieve?
- Project Plan - When do you hope to achieve your goal? What is your plan for getting there?
- Traditional Publishing or Self Publishing – What publishing path best suits your needs?
- Aiming for a Traditional Deal? Then you need and agent -- know what you have to offer.
- Audience – Who is your ideal reader?
- Intention - What does your ideal ready want from you?
- Marketing Strategy – How do you intend to reach your ideal reader?
- Marketing Plan - What can you do NOW to lay the groundwork for reaching your reader?
- Competition – Who else is working in your same space? What do you have to add to the conversation?
WORDS ON THE PAGE
- First Chapter – Is your voice and tone suitable for the story? Is the story on the page? Are you hooking your reader from the very first sentence? Nail down these things from the start and you'll have a template for writing the entire rest of the book.
- Last Chapter – What are you aiming for in your narrative arc (fiction) or your argument (non-fiction)? Have you identified a satisfying conclusion? Nail down the conclusion right away and you'll have a clear target to aim towards as you write.
- Writing Strategy – What are the writing habits that will sustain you?
- Doubt -- What is likely to derail you and how can we prevent that?
- Support – Who can help you with your goals and objectives?
"I OWE IT TO YOU....YOU REALLY ARE GREAT AT NOT JUST THE WRITING BUT THE MARKETING AND FIGURING OUT ALL THAT STUFF BEFORE YOU WRITE." — PAOLINA MILANA, THE S WORD
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE BOOK STARTUP?
- Writers come to me all the time who are frustrated because they can't land an agent, can't attract readers, and can't seem to make any headway in their career. In almost every single case, their problems would have been solved by doing the work included in the Book Startup package. When I say that it can save years of frustration, that is not an exaggeration. I have seen it happen time and time again.
- My program is based on many years of service to writers. I know what works -- and even better, I know WHY it works. I can explain it to you, so that you understand the strategy.
- You will feel clarity and lightness around your work, with brings great joy, and means you will not be as cranky around the people you love. They will appreciate this enormously.
STILL NOT SURE? HERE'S A FREE FIVE-DAY TASTE OF THE BOOK STARTUP
Start with this FREE mini email course to see what it's all about! Sign up, confirm your email, and get a lesson delivered each day via email.